Monday 26 September 2011

This weeks STV challenge

Hi,
Sorry it has been a while, we have been a poorly family for the last couple of weeks, but I am the only one left who is still unwell  (I have an abscess on my tooth). Illness does not deter me from crafting, and I thought I would share with you a couple of this weeks challenge cards.

First is the "Mix it up Monday" Coloured pencil magic challenge, this is a technique I have not come across before and I am very pleased with the results. The technique is to stamp an image, usually a solid image (although if you look through the Gallery on STV you will find some finer stamps have been used) with white ink on a dark background and when the ink is dry colour your image with pencils, easy huh! so here is my attempt at this technique.


I used SU Craft Whisper White and KOH-I-NOOR Polycolor pencils, but any colouring pencils will do, although I think water based pencils would not give such a vibrant result, but you would just have to give it a go to see! The stamp set is called Garden Silhouettes

The second challenge was to CASE the wonderful Deb Felts, she has a brilliant blog With a Stamp and a Song

The card I cased is 


My version of this (remembering the challenge was to change at least two things about the card) is below


I used Holly Jolly Christmas by Echo Park DP  , and the stamp sets are Falling for you STV Kit where I coloured the bird using the Highlighting with Copic markers technique, the video for this can be seen below. The greeting is from Holiday Greetings both available at Gina K Designs.




Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment