Thursday 1 December 2011

STV November Launch Challenges

Happy Friday, can not believe it is December already, Santa will soon be here and I will be exhausted as usual trying to keep all the family happy, but I love every minute of it!

So here is the November launch challenge entries, and what a launch it was. The new stamp sets are amazing and Gina and the Design team surpassed themselves with over 70 new cards!

They sure worked their sox off this month!

Ok here we go with challenge 1:

The challenge was set by the oh so lovely Lee and it is called Summer in November, here is my entry:


The stamp sets are Aloha,  Tropical Flowers and A year of Leaves. The details are as follows:


I first stamped the large flower in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured using Copics RV06, RV02 and RV000. The centre stamens are coloured with a Memento Tangelo pen and the I added some Sakura Copper Star. I then cut it out.


Next I stamped the leaves and coloured with YG03, YG95 and pulled in some highlights with my blender pen. I then also cut them out.


For the background panel I cut out some White card stock with Spellbinders Labels 9 S4-233, while it was still in the die I sponged Memento Cantaloupe, Angel Pink and Rose Bud, I also stamped the flowers from Tropical Flowers using Archival Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid and Pearlescent Coral.


For the backing paper, I used scraps mounted on pink card stock.


The the label and flower are all mounted on pop dots, and the whole thing is then attached to a white square card base.

Challenge No 2 was set by the wonderful Tina and it is a Tag Challenge, sorry I do not have any step by step photos for this one, but my inspiration came from Tim Holtz Twelve Days of Christmas 2011 - Day 1.


The inks are all the Tim Holts Holiday limited edition and the stamp set is from the STV kit Wishing you Joy

The embossing folder is a Tim Holtz Texture Fade Christmas background and boarder set.

I stared by rubbing Versamark ink onto the folder and embossing with my Texture Boutique, I then sprinkled Seafoam white embossing powder by Papermania over the tag and heat embossing. After it had cooled I sponged with Distress Iced Spruce.

The spruce branch is cut using a die from Marianne D, sponged with Distress Evergreen Bough, I used a quickie glue pen on the edges and used some white glitter. 
The wings are from my stash of chipboard shapes, covered in glue and silver glitter. 
The tag is stamped and sponged with Distress Festive Berries and cut with a SU labels punch, I used a little Burgundy Stickle on the edges.




No comments:

Post a Comment