Wednesday 11 April 2012

Heavy Metal Challenge

Happy Wednesday

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter, last Monday my lovely friend Rosy posted a challenge over at STV, called "heavy Metal". The challenge is to create a card using embossed foil. Below is the very talented and lovely Gina K demonstrating this technique:


I had issues with the tin foil, I had in the house being to thin, it kept developing holes and rips, and as it was a bank holiday weekend, shopping was not on my to do list. So instead I raided my other half's model railway stash and found some copper foil, he had left over from one of his projects. This foil was much thicker and I was very happy with the result. I will try to purchase some good quality baking foil for future projects, as this technique produces some wonderful results, and I think my husband will not be so generous with his foil in future.

Here is my entry:


The embossing folder is one of the new M-bossability folders from Spellbinders, it is called So Trendy ES-006, I am hooked on these new embossing folders, love the fact you have two designs on the one folder, and what a lovely deep impression they give. The stamp set is a new addition to my collection, and is by the oh so talented Tami Mayberry, it is available at Gina K Designs and is called Masculine Tags. I have distressed the image with Tim Holtz Tonic distress tool and also his sanding block. The foil had several colours of metallic rub on paste added, to add to the distressed look.

Thank you for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment