Monday 19 November 2012

Non-traditional Thanksgiving

Happy Monday

I do hope that all of you who celebrated Thanksgiving this weekend, had a wonderful time with your loved ones. I do not celebrate this holiday here in the UK, but believe me I do count my blessings every day, and have many things to be thankful for.

The challenge this week over at the Outlawz for the Greetings Card Challenge is a non-traditional thanksgiving project.

Here is a word from my friend and fellow DT AnaRy:

Hello everyone! It's thanksgiving week here in the US...we are saying thanks in a special way! So even if in your neck of the woods is not thanksgiving day..you can still participate! Being thankful is never out of fashion, right? : )


Create a Thanksgiving card that DOES NOT include Turkeys,Pilgrims, or Cornucopia. Traditional fall colors may be used.

Here is my card:


The wonderful image is from one of our sponsors Eureka Stamps It is called Harvest Basket. The pumpkin is a stamp and die from Memory Box called Great Pumpkin, the leaves are from my scrap pile and are cut using a Spellbinders die, the sentiment, ribbon, card and DP is all from Gina K Designs (by the way did you party with Gina last Thursday? The new stamp set releases are awsome)

Do check out my fellow design teams cards, they are just gorgeous and you can see them HERE

I have entered this card in the following challenge:


Thank you for stopping by have a great week see you very soon

2 comments:

  1. Alex this is beautiful. Love the colours and design. Wishing you a wonderful Monday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love how you've done the ribbon treatment on this lovely design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘THANKFUL’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete