Monday 23 February 2015

Shabby Chic with Cheery Lynn

Happy Monday

As you all know I am a little (ok a lot) of a die addict, I can not recollect a creation I have made without die cutting included.  I have many dies form many different companies, but I do have a favourite or two, and one at the top of my list is Cheery Lynn dies. They are just beautiful to work with and cut beautifully. The other thing I love to make is flowers and Cheery Lynn have some gorgeous dies for this.

So for something a little different I am showcasing some of my favourite Cheery Lynn Dies


I started by creating the whitewashed woodgrain background, this is a technique explained beautifully by the lovely Gina at Gina K Designs/Stamp TV and here is the link - http://stamptv.ning.com/video/whitewashed-woodgrain-and-more. I used my Zutter to scuff the edges  and make it look a little more shabby.

I used the Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire die, cutting it in grey card and using Distress Rusty Hinge to get the colour I required.

I created the Sunflower with the Black  Eyed Susan die and cut it using golden yellow card and used Memento Tangelo on the edges of the petals for a little more depth

The next flower is the Chrysanthemum strip die, that I used to make a sweet little Daisy type bloom, this was cut in a thin white card and sprayed with a glimmer spray.

The Miniature Rose is cut out in a burgundy card and a little Victorian Velvet Distress ink added to the petal edges.

I then made the Shasta Daisy flower, it is also cut in a thin white card and inked all over lightly with Memento Rose Bud, and then a heavier application of the same on the petal edges.

Lastly I used the Sweet William Strip cut out in a thicker white card and inked with Memento Lulu Lavender and Grape Violet, I then added a tiny squish of Stickles to the edges of the petals.

I used the Doilies and Exotic Butterflies dies, as well as Fanciful Flourish, Flourish Leaf strip,  and Pair of Ferns to finish the card.

The only thing NOT Cheery Lynn is the sentiment, it is form Gina K Designs and cut out with a Spellbinders Curved Matting Basics.

This card was made with a very very dear friend in mind, who was recently bereaved and reminds me of her beautiful country garden.

Thank you for dropping by


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh this is gorgeous! A beauty of art with all the right embellishments and flowers! Alex, I would frame this! So very pretty:0
    Hugz xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete