Monday 21 November 2016

Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge

Happy Monday

This week over at the Outlawz Greetings Challenge , the theme is Sparkle & Shine.
We have 2 wonderful sponsors this week



My first card uses the Lacy Sunshine image Mickie and Rory’s Royal Christmas Dance


I used watercolour paper and the watercolour/salt technique to create the background inside the window, I then did my own twist on the bokeh technique, by using a clarity stencil called Jills Bubbles and Gold pigment ink, instead of the usual white. I wanted the inside of the window to look warm and cozy compared to the cold frosty outside. The window is from Poppy Stamps and is called Grand Maddison Arched Window. I cut the frame 3 times to give a little more dimension to the card. The tree is Spellbinders Stylized Trees. The front is sponged with Tumbled Glass Distress ink and stamped with a slightly darker SU ink using Lawn Fawn Snowy Backdrops. The snow drifts are made with Spellbinders A2 Curved Boarders 1 and the snowflakes are also Spellbinders 2013 Snowflake Pendant. The sentiment is also from the same Lawn Fawn stamp set, and I used Everyday Sentiment Banners using the partial die cut technique to extend the die to fit the sentiment. 

My second card uses the Bloobel image -Need Coffee, and yes this sure looks like me first thing in the morning :-)


Again I have been playing with watercolours and the salt technique, to create the background, I used the Scan N Cut to fussy cut the image and Lawn Fawn's Stitched Scalloped Boarders and Scripty Sayings to complete the card.





Thanks for stopping by



1 comment:

  1. Great Cards Alex! Love the two dancing because it looks so enchanting and love the window. The coffee one is so hilarious! Gotta love that one! haha

    ReplyDelete