Thursday 15 March 2018

Crafters Cafe Challenge

Happy Thursday

This time over at The Crafters Cafe, the theme is handmade flowers. I am working with 2 of our lovely sponsors 




My first card uses the Paper Nest Dolls image Mermaid Ellie with Seahorse


I created the silver scales with Finbar's A4 stencil called Ripped Fishnet and used Deco Foil Transfer Gel and my First Edition Foil and Foiling machine. This is the first time I have used this transfer gel after seeing a tutorial on the Design Inventions blog, I just had to purchase a jar and try it for myself, and I am super pleased with the results. This was created on white card and after the foil was added and cooled I used some distress inks to create the colour between the scales. The shaker part of the card was created with a double stitched circle die and filled with 2 colours of Glitter Sand, this was purchased a while ago from a shop called Bargain Busters here in the UK and was £2.49 for a large jar, I am hoping they will get other colours in as after a little research on the internet, I found other versions of this product to be rather expensive for the quantities that were being sold. In my research I also came across a kids sand product available at Hobbycraft, and it comes in 4 colours for £2 a jar so I think I will have to have a play with this in the near future. The flower arrangement is made using Memory Box Slender leaves & Hibiscus Flower, Spellbinders Monstera Leaves and Dee's Distinctively Stylised Floral. The sentiment is from MFT's Mermazing and the little star fish is from a local seaside "bucket and spade type shop"


My second card I kept simple and used Wink Wink Inks - Love Cats


I used the pre-coloured image from the set and trimmed it down to fit the scalloped frame. The flowers are made with a EK Success punch and the leaves with a MS punch. The paw prints are by Paper Smooches and the sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Meow You Doin'. I used MFT's Fishtail Frames to cut and frame the sentiment.


Thanks for stopping by

2 comments: